This is not a new 'frig. It's a side by side GE, bought in October of 1998. (The only reason I remember the date is I had to buy all new appliances at once, as we were moving back into our home - rebuilt after a house fire.) So it's a bit elderly. And crappy.
First - the outside.
Some of the stuff on the outside:
- A - A troll magnet Mom brought back from a trip to Norway.
- B - Several Napolean Dynamite magnets ("My lips hurt real bad!")
- C - A weird card advertising a movie called Crustacean, plus a ComicCon advertisement
- D - A tatted heart magnet that I made
Items of note:
- A - Some kind of disgusting nacho cheese in a squeeze bottle, courtesy of DH
- B - Eggs, mostly free range - both duck and chicken
- C - My personal vice, chunky chicken salad. This brand tastes homemade. Mmmm
- D - My skinny bread for sandwiches. Everyone else uses regular bread.
- E - Leftover spaghetti, next to the other bread
- F - Opened packages of bologna and hot dogs. Curly and Moe eat them straight. There are also plastic-y packages of a cheese-like product that they enjoy.
- G - Milk. I get 2 gallons on Sundays. This was taken Monday night. The Stooges drink a lot of milk. I'm going back to the store today to make it through 'til Sunday afternoon shopping.
- H - Pre-made salads and lots of them. Some are my lunches
- the other H (oops!) - Buttery stuff, lotsa squeezy buttery stuff. And some actual butter.
- I - Meat. Rather, beer brats. Meat, it's what's for dinner. (DH throws almost all the meat into the freezer when I come home from the grocery, so you're lucky to see this. I use the defrost setting on the microwave a LOT.)
- W - Weird condiments like fast food salad dressings that DH brings home
- X - Loads O' Condiments
- Y - Some things that are actually good for you - fresh fruits and veggies
- Z - Filth. Probably where Kool-aid was spilled by the Stooges.
- Alcohol of any kind - we don't drink much. Plus, having alcohol available to a bi-polar teen is like throwing gasoline on a fire. DH likes vodka (Curly doesn't), but he keeps that in the freezer.
- Soda - that's in a little refrigerator in the garage. We've cut way back. There is tea and kool-aid. I drink tap water.
- Finer foods. We are plain. And NOT wealthy. I buy a lot of generics. And my grocery bill is outrageous, as 1) teen boys eat a LOT and 2) we don't eat out, at least not much. Once a month.
My buddy Blackbird is showing off her refrigerator today too - so go on over and see if she's posted yet. I love Blackbird. And I promise, her 'frig will be a more healthy one.
So - what's in your 'frig? I showed you mine - show me yours!
PS - Go see Keetha's frig too! And now Priscilla!