Monday, September 5, 2011

Count to Four pattern

I've gotten requests for the pattern, so here goes.


I've made this pattern a number of times. Here's a necklace I made for my mother a while back - she loves it and wears it all the time, as the whole thing is very light. I'm not going to claim ownership, just give directions, as the pattern is so very, very basic.

This pattern can be used as a necklace or a bracelet. It lays flat very nicely. If made in Lizbeth size 20 thread, 9 rings should be about 2 inches.

You need: 
Shuttle and ball with size 20 thread, or 2 shuttles wound CTM
Lots of seed beads (10/0), an equal amount loaded on the shuttles or the shuttle and ball, depending on the length you desire. A 20 inch necklace will take 90 seed beads on each shuttle.
Pendant (if you're making a necklace)
Jump ring and lobster claw closure, or other closing as you chose.
Bead threader


Begin
  
Place 1b on back of hand.
R1 (Shuttle 1) 8 b 4 - 4. RW
*
Ch1 4 b 4. RW
R2 4 +(picot of prior ring) 4 b 4 - 4. RW.
*
Repeat between * for 1/2 of length desired.
To attach pendant, make a chain.
Ch2 4 b 4 b 4.
At this point, it may be necessary to unload your thread and slide the pendant onto the chain you just made. RW, rewind shuttle(s).


R3 4 +(picot of prior ring) 4 b 4 - 4. RW.
**
Ch3 4 b 4. RW
R4 4 +(picot of prior ring) 4 b 4 - 4. RW.
**
Repeat between ** for rest of length desired.
Last ring
R5 4 +(picot of prior ring) 4 b 8. Cut, tie off, and hide ends.
Attach jump rings and closing hardware to first and last rings.


Enjoy!

Here's a funny for you - I laughed and laughed
The man had just finished reading a new book entitled, 'YOU CAN BE THE MAN OF YOUR HOUSE'.

He stormed to his woman in the kitchen and announced, 'From now on, you need to know that I am the man of this house and my word is Law. You will prepare me a gourmet meal tonight, and when I'm finished eating my meal, you will serve me a sumptuous dessert. After dinner, you are going to go upstairs with me and we will have the kind of sex that I want.

'Afterwards, you are going to draw me a bath so I can relax. You will wash my back and towel me dry and bring me my robe...Then, you will massage my feet and hands. Then tomorrow, guess who's going to dress me and do my hair?'

Without even looking up from her morning paper the woman replied, 'The funeral director would be my first guess.'

Over the weekend, I made a little crocheted cat toy, a ball with some catnip stuffed in the fiberfill. Vader liked it for a minute, but he's not so wild about catnip.


Sophie on the other had, is simply crazy for it.



8 comments:

  1. Sophie, so beautiful,
    Be mine,
    Gian ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great necklace. I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to comment lately. School is taking all of my time, until this weekend, that is. I finally got some sewing done.
    Love your joke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great joke! Wonder why Vader disdains "nip?"

    Thanks for sharing the lovely pattern instructions. It is easy to see why your mom wears her necklace all the time. She has great taste in jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the necklace pattern... I sent your joke to a couple of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That joke was AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    My name is Jane. I am a disabled mother/grandmother. When I was in the wheelchair, I started crocheting and knitting as a way to feel like I was doing something productive. I have become an addict.

    I very recently, an new to tatting. I am very interested in the shuttle that you have pictured at the top of the column. Can you tell me what knid it is. Also, I really like the bobbin that "closes" that you have pictured. Can you please tell me the brand of each and where I can get them?


    I also wanted to thank you for all of your content on your blog. It really will help to grow tatting. I am pleased that I have been able to learn (just less than a week) and be able to do a couple of easy patterns already. I can't wait to get to the point where I will be able to look at a pattern and feel confident that I will be able to complete it.

    Thanks
    Jane
    crochetjanes@gmail

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very new to tatting (less than a week). thanks to you and others who love to tat. I have been able to complete a few beginner patterns. I can't wait until the time I can look at any pattern and feel confident that I will be able to complete it.

    I am very interested in the shuttle and bobbin you have in the picture above. I would love to get this, as I believe it would be beneficial to be able to have "extra" bobbins that "close" and stay clean. If you could please tell me the brand name of each and where I can buy them, I would really appreciate it.


    Thanks
    Jane

    PS I am a avid crocheter and knitter. I started working with yarn while I was in a wheelchair (for 7 years) in order to feel like I was doing something productive. I have become a yarn/thread addict. I am so thankful that you and others have been so kind as to post free patterns and instructions so that newbies, like myself, could learn this craft without spending a bunch of money. It is also beneficial to me because I then don't have to leave the house to go somewhere to be in a class. It is difficult to venture out anymore.

    Thanks again and I look forward to your response.

    Jane
    crochetjanes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete