Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer doldrums

Not much happening here at Chez Crazy. Mostly we are trying to stay out of the heat. It's hot as someplace very far south of me. Way down below me.  You know what I mean.

Moe is bored, and trying not to think about school starting August 5. (Really, school starts then.)  He doesn't want to admit that he might enjoy seeing all his buddies again.

Curly has been sleeping in and avoiding life. He's supposed to be hunting for a job, but jobs are few and far between for 18 year olds with no job skills and little motivation.  He's bored and needs something to do.  And I'm looking forward to when his skanky girlfriend goes off to college.

Larry is employed and hates his job with a passion. He has gotten his GA EMT license (finally!!!),and is applying for various jobs where he could use it, hopefully working for Grady Hospital.  In the mean time, the grocery is at least a steady (if painful) paycheck.

DH and I are trying to maintain employment and sanity.  We are studiously avoiding being so feverish with all the heat that we murder our coworkers or our children. So far we've been successful and haven't cracked.  But who knows what will happen tomorrow?

I am unmotivated to do much of anything.  I have read all three books in the Stieg Larsson Millennium trilogy this summer, but nothing else.  (They're really good, if you haven't read them.  Larry is midway through the second one.) I'm sick of crocheting, though I'm thinking about making this little item.  I have a ton of tatting UFOs and I don't want to finish any of them.

What is wrong with me?  I've got to get something going and soon.  I feel useless. I need a purpose.

Even the bad kitten has some purpose - play and sleep.  Why can't I be like him?  He seems very content.


Wait - I know why.  I have to go to work and worry about money and children and health and did I say the right thing and....

I need to win the lottery.  That'll do it.

5 comments:

  1. I know I've been struggling to keep motivated with my tatting this summer, it's just too hot in my room but I cannot control the audio output in the other rooms in the house (ahh 3 siblings under the age of 10). Personally, going back to college August 24th has me excited and counting down the days. My brain has not been challenged - outside of tatting that is.

    Your kitten is adorable. Reminds me of my first cat. He used to find the tiniest of bowls to sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheer up, Sweetie. You ALWAYS say the right thing!! Do you know how I love coming to read your blog and see what you're up to? You're so smart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget cute - the bad kitten is working very hard at cute, don't malign him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you - it's the heat.... I think! If it isn't, I'm in BIG trouble! But I think these endless weeks of sweat, grime and no sleep and no air-conditioning are enough to drive a person to ... you name it.

    Hold on to your ice cube, it will be better...
    Fox of Fire : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the heat...we really need some relief. Why can't we get a couple of those cold Canadian air masses they export to us in Winter when we really don't need them??

    The cactus is cute, and probably appropriate if we don't get some rain soon. Hang in there! Maybe after all this heat, we get some Fall weather (eventually)!!

    ReplyDelete