Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tatters are the nicest people

First off, I really, really appreciate the sympathy and warm wishes after our recent fire. Folks have been so kind to us. Lots of people have reached out and sent emails, cards, and more. I feel really fortunate. It's good to be loved.

And if I haven't responded to your email, don't be offended. I'm, um, kinda busy.

By the way, things are going pretty well. We are moving into a furnished rental home on Friday, all paid for by the insurance. It's close to our old place (AKA the ash heap), it's the right size, and quite by accident, it's on Moe's school bus route! I can't wait to have a kitchen again - eating out all the time really gets old. 

Back to tatters.

I found a lovely card that appeared in my mail.  


It was a card from my friend Joanie, with this pretty tatted angel inside. Wasn't that nice? It made my day. The angel is beautiful. Thank you, Joanie.

Later in the week, a box appeared. (BTW, my neighbor is getting the mail. My house burned, but the mailbox still works great.) What could be inside?

Wow! A treasure trove of things, all the basics any good tatter could desire. All courtesy the wonderful Georgia Seitz. Three balls of Lizbeth, a crochet hook, two shuttles and picot gauges (made by Richard Seitz), plus a ton of tatting patterns. I'm overwhelmed. So thoughtful. Thank you very kindly, Georgia.

Now - on to deal with all the stuff that happens with moving. Utilities, deposits, furniture, etc.

I think I will fix meatloaf the first night. The Stooges like meatloaf.

Back to normal soon....

12 comments:

  1. Accept ALL the love in your mailbox, you deserve it and more. Losing your home is awful stuff. I'm glad you'll at least get into your own kitchen and begin rebuilding "normal life" soon. Those are such thoughtful gestures from your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope to catch up with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you have found a place to stay that isn't a hotel. Stability and familiarity are good things.
    Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift to receive and glad you are settling in to a place with a kitchen! when I was young I used to think I would never tire of eating out but boy that gets old fast! and ditto on the praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your mailbox still works! How wonderful of Joanie and Georgia to think of you with their wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're making progress! Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope the move goes well, it'll be good to be in a house again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so funny, about the letterbox! I'm glad you will soon have somewhere to live, and if the new house can be built on the old foundations, it will feel like home. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to hear you will be moving into a more normal life. Enjoy your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admire your strength. It is wonderful that the insurance is helpful with a living place--and that it is close by! If your family is like mine, it will be a familiar mess in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to know things are working out well for you and your family. Keep tatting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Goodness! I've been so busy lately that I haven't been keeping up with my blogs. I'm so sorry about your house and more so about the animals . . . I so loved the photos of their crazy shenanigans! I would love to share some of my tatting supplies with you - I have more than I can ever use and they aren't getting the use they deserve right now. I know you used to work near my house, but I don't know if you do anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry about your house. It is very sad, and I am sorry that you lost your beloved pets. I agree that they didn't suffer. I would love to send you some tatting thread, if your are interested. I have some to share with you. Let me know at elizsummer@aol.com. Take care. I love your spirit.

    ReplyDelete