Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I'm a city gal now

Yes folks, I have exited Hooterville.

I now live in town. It's an area of Hotlanta much like Greenwich Village - hip, sort of bohemian, easy access to everything. I am a happy camper.

It was a tough move - the movers were still at my place at 10 pm on Thursday night. And I was at work bright and early Friday morning! I still have boxes to unpack, but I'm getting there.

Theo is getting used to being a cool city cat.

The cats are adjusting. They were traumatized for a few days, but they seem to feel better now, and play with each other or spend time gazing out the many windows.


My living space is looking better. Still need to paint and hang pictures, but it's comfy! (BTW - that big overstuffed chair is a recliner!)


And oh what a view I have - sunsets every night. This one was on Sunday evening.

And soon I'll be tatting again....
 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place! Atlanta is one of the places I'd like to visit when I retire... just not in the summer! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a lovely flat sorry apartment, glad the cats are settling in.
    Moves never go to plan, but at least you have time to unpack at your leisure
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the inside of the condo it is beautiful, and the sunset view is priceless. Well take care from a neighbor in Tennessee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! And the cats will be fine I"m sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to urban life! I hope it suits. With no yard it will certainly be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My head spins about all you've been through, and your job amazes me, with overseas travel! And they appreciate you! I have often thought of you during this time; I'm glad you checked in with us every now and then! I was amazed you actually taught classes at Tat Days! Or even have time for tatting! I wish you all the best in this new adventure! Cute 'kitty' photo. I believe I know the area you're in, having visited Atlanta a couple of times - but not since 2003! Great city!

    ReplyDelete