Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday ephemera

Bits and pieces du jour:

We have tap water that we can drink now. Finally.

We saw an unfamiliar object in the sky today - a big ol' yella ball. Yup, old Sol himself, showing his face. It did NOT rain today.

Due to all the rain, we have a lot of these cropping up in everyone's yards. At least I don't have any inside of my house.


The children will be going back to school tomorrow, thank you, JEBUS! Those urchins are driving me crazy!

The entire west side of Atlanta (that's the flooded side, folks) has a particular odor to it. My friend E says it smells just like a giant, hairy, muddy, wet DOG. Ugh.

I suspect that Six Flags smells worse. It is just downstream (and just across I-20) from a major sewage treatment plant, which also flooded and has been dumping raw sewage into the Chattahoochee river. Want to visit Six Flags? I don't think so, not today. I pass this place on my daily commute. I make sure the windows are rolled up and the car vents are closed. Double Ugh.

Funny of the day:
I am not slim. I am porky. Not as porky as I used to be - I've lost about 60 lbs in the past year. But I'm still FAT. Because of my weight loss, I've gotten new clothes recently. Moe (my momma's boy) was trying to complement me on how good he thought I looked in a short sleeved shirt. He said, "Mom, you make that arm fat look good! I mean that!" And he really did.


And now I must settle into my tatting chair and work on finishing this *&% hanky. That, and watch Mad Men. Because I lurve Don Draper and I want to look like Joan.




1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog through Tatting Chic's. I'm glad she's back. I don't tat, but I want to desperately. My grandmother made gorgeous tatting and I have a lot of hers to use on the children's clothing I make, but it won't last forever. I'm limiting each grand child to one piece of clothing with her tatting. I have 5 grands so far, but my sister and cousins have grands too.
    I live in SE Tenn. so I'm not too far from you, only about 2 1/2 hrs. I lived in Atlanta for a while when I was a child. My dad grew up there.

    ReplyDelete