- To cover a boy baby's parts as soon as you pull that diaper off. Freedon causes pee.
- How to unclog a toilet. Ugh.
- How to translating pidgin English instructions so that something that came in pieces may be put together.
- How to dropper-feed baby mammels, like squirrels, kittens, and 'possums. Really.
- How to install automatic home thermostats and other electrics. I have done this in two homes, thank you.
- How to shop in a thrift store for fabric, not the clothing. Clothing is made of fabris, and sometimes you can get some nifty stuff from a cheap old prom dress for $2
- How to install hardware in my computer. I'm actually pretty good with this. Not bad for a person with a liberal arts degree.
- How to make my way up the food chain of customer service to find someone who will really fix my problem. Do NOT cross me when I am angry. The price may be your job.
- How and when to get schools to enforce an IEP. Only necessary for certain instances, but gotta be done.
- How to dicker on prices for cars, furniture, and real estate. I am much better at this than DH, who gets embarrassed by how tough I am. I once got a silver candelabra in at the Cacun market for under $50, and he was mortified.
- When to be patient with the medical system and when to have a fit and shake some trees. My pediatrician is slow, but wonderful. But in certain other places, attention must be demanded.
- A huge amount about medicines for colds, headache, bronchitis, ear infections, almost any minor illness. Drug to drug interactions, effacacy, dosage. I am a veritable cornucopia of medical knowledge.
- How to read x-rays for minor fractures. Chips, separation at growth plate, outright breaks. I can do some with CT scans and MRIs too. I guess that high school anatomy class had some value, huh?
- When to call 911 and when to just take someone yourself. And when the police need to come.
- How to post a property bond to get someone out of jail! Doesn't everyone need to know that? There's more paper work than you think!
BTW - I can cut up a chicken.
In other news:
Curly is bored but feeling better. I am making him shampoo carpets.
The damn snow is almost gone here. My poor mother is so sick of it at her place in the mountains. They have had 7 snow storms in 2010 alone.
And clowns! I found clown-like people everywhere! (No bird-like folks, bb.)
My boss wants a pair of my MIUAYGA earrings.......