Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Bloomsday

Not much going on today - just staying indoors trying to escape the oppressive heat.

But I spied something really funny going home.

I was turning onto Hotlanta's Centennial Park Drive right in front of the World of Coca-Cola, and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone moving, going fast. This wasn't the usual tourist. I saw someone rolling along on a Segway scooter, which is actually a pretty common sight in that area. There are folks on Atlanta's Ambassador Force who ride them, so you'll see a person here and there downtown on a Segway.

But then I saw another Segway and another and another - a ton of folks on Segways! There were fifteen or twenty people whizzing by on those funky scooters. And many had little capes on.  Really - capes!


I whipped out my cellphone camera and got this shot.  Then they turned up the hill, towards the GA Aquarium.


I got another shot of them at the light.  Click on the pictures - you can see the capes!

It was hilarious.  Made my day.

2 comments:

  1. Funny! I remember many trips to Grant Park when I was a kid. I don't know why I thought of this now, but I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blooms Day to you too...I wonder how many people know what that is?
    Those Segways are wonderful...I want one!

    ReplyDelete