- If you leave oatmeal in a cup at work for
a few10 days, it becomes something for the Bio-Hazard Disposal crew to deal with. Ew. I cleaned my spoon and mug in scalding water, then filled the mug with water and nuked it until I got a rolling boil in the cup. Die slimy green stuff, die.
- Mint M&M's are really, really good. Especially when they are marked down to $0.75 a bag. Nom nom nom.
- Note - I didn't say they were good for me. I spent yesterday morning at the dentist (soon to come: another root canal!), and I made an appointment with my internist to Try And Do Better.
- Sometimes bumper stickers are a really good thing. Or maybe I'm just lucky. I got pulled over by the state patrol on I-20 heading to Augusta when I blitzed pass 2 cops. "You were doing 74 in a 55 zone - I'll bring it down to 70" said the nice cop. "Thank you - I've never had a speeding ticket!" I said sadly. This is true - I've never ever had a moving violation. (DH says I'm just lucky, as my lead foot is well know in the family.) After a bit, the cop (a cheery young African American woman) came back to the car and said, "God is good! I gave you a warning. And I like your bumper stickers." "God is good! Thank you!" I gulped and happily signed my warning citation. And I didn't approach 74 mph for a good 15 miles, until well outside the I-285 perimeter. Whew!
- Do not trust your husband to put away fragile Christmas ornaments. You know, you'd think I would remember this, as it's a problem every year. I guess it's 'cause DH starts putting things away before I think to, and when someone tells me it's all done and everything is complete & ready to be put in the attic, I want to believe them. *Sigh* I had to re-pack everything (and find a ton of things left scattered). So there was Shouting and Something Of A Scene. You understand, don't you?
- Curly is not trustworthy around money or anything, including un-opened gift cards addressed to other people. I knew this, but I slipped. And I won't again. I hope.
- Cleaning makes me sneeze, because of the dust created (because I hadn't cleaned in a long time). This is a reason for me not to clean certain rooms for a while. Pardon me while I blow my nose.
- Netflix on our new Wii is very addictive. I've been catching up on a number of Doc Martin episodes. So much fun!
- Finally - going back to work isn't any better than you thought it might be. Because it's still Work and Not Fun. A brother in law says of Work, "If it wasn't shit, they wouldn't pay you." True that.