Thursday, October 19, 2023

New shuttles and some tatting

I'm back to tatting.

I'm still knitting, but I have been diverted into the tatting realm now.

And I bought some new custom shuttles! Woo-hoo!

I made two crosses for ministerial staff at my church. These are tatted in Lizbeth size 20 in the Mary Konior pattern Large Cross from Tatting With Visual Patterns. I love this pattern and I love this book.


You see one of my new shuttles - I bought this one on Etsy from NamiArt. She is in Poland but is Ukraini. I am happy to support someone from Ukraine - Slava Ukraini!


I love cats - this shuttle has a cat done in blue enamel on copper alloy. Tats well!

Another shuttle was bought from TheKnottedVine on Etsy. 


This shuttle is made of copper with a protective epoxy resin coating them. smooth and well balanced.

I liked this shuttle so much I bought 2 more from TheKnottedVine!


One is blue with a cat and the other is actually purplish - hard to tell, but it is. The top one is called Cool Cat, the bottom one is called The Miss Violet. They are both lovely to work with and tat very well.

I am well - just very very busy both with work and personal things. But I'm well and happy!

3 comments:

  1. It's good to see a post from you! Both shuttle makers have wonderful shuttles. I haven't done much tatting lately, but my supplies are always close at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crosses are wonderful gifts, and a good way to try out your new shuttles - win win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shuttles and wonderful crosses!! :)

    ReplyDelete