Monday, September 19, 2022

A bit of tatting

Hello. Remember me? That Crazy Mom?

Much has happened since I've been here. 

I still live in my gorgeous flat in metro Hotlanta. I'm still kicking - yea! 

Lucy and Theo still live me me. Theo has become a tad portly. They are living the good life.

Aren't they gorgeous?

Theo is such a cutie. His tail curls into a circle!


He sometimes watches TV.

He is a funny boy

I haven't gotten Covid19, thanks to serious hiding and 2 vaccines and 2 boosters (soon to be 3). 

I've dated some guys - but I'm not right now. Not until Covid19 is really long gone. 

And....   

Some things have been bad. Pretty awful. God awful in fact.

I lost my job in early 2020, right when the pandemic started. NOT fun. Fortunately there was unemployment, and I'm frugal.

I was bored, so I made a ton of masks for my church. And then I started knitting....

4 of sooooo many...

I knitted a TON of dish clothes. Many, many dish clothes. I gave almost all of them away.

While I was in the throes of no job and pandemic, the Ex moved and decided to throw Larry out of his house. So I took Larry in and he lived with me for a while. Much longer than I wanted. Larry became embedded in my spare bedroom.

During that time, Curly developed major addiction issues and went off to rehab for 9 months. Yes, we all want our children to grow up to be addicts...

In November 2020 I got a job working remote at home, for less money than I had before. But it was a JOB and I was glad to have it. It came with benefits, a good thing.

Larry struggled with depression. But I was working, so we managed.

Curly got out of rehab in July of 2021 and moved in to my place for what was supposed to be 2 weeks, living on a blow up twin bed in my living room. So now I had 2 grown sons living with me. Moe was still with the Ex. 

And then.... 

Curly relapsed. Doing the hardest of the hard drugs.

Here's a lesson for you: never EVER have an opioid addict live with you. They will steal from you, lie to you, abuse you in every way, wreck your car, and turn your place into a flop house.

Results of Curly's addiction. Don't live with an addict.

In the mean time, I was absolutely hating my job. I had a boss from hell and was grossly underpaid.

So I started looking.

Lo and Behold, A Great Company recruited me. For a lot more money and better benefits, still working remote! With a great boss! Hurrah! I started with the Great Company in November of 2021.

And Larry (who had been entrenched and depressed) got a job working from home. Hurrah again!

In January of this year, Larry and Moe moved into an apartment 10 minutes from me. Moe is working too and they are happy in their apartment. They have cats. Huzzah for them!

On Easter, I finally was able to get Curly into Rehab again. It took his brothers working with me to force him out (it's complicated) but he actually got out and went into detox and then rehab. Larry and Moe spent a lot of time cleaning up my place and de-filthing it. It was really disgusting. But that's over!

Curly is now out of Rehab, but he's NOT living with me and he is clean and sober and is actively trying to remain that way. Thank you Jesus. 

So now I can tat. In peace. And relax. In peace.

Oh - I guess you want to see what I've been working on?

In progress...

I worked on a larger project. It's tatting in Lizbeth size 20 white.



A collar, to which I added beads. The pattern is here.


I made this to send to our newest Supreme Court Justice, in honor of the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. RBG wore collars with her robes all the time.



Here's another picture, with a US dime for size. I actually removed the loop and button closure and replaced it with a satin ribbon as I thought it would lie better. I have sent it off to Justice Jackson - I hope she wears it!

Anyhow, that's the news from the Crazy Mom! How is life for you?

3 comments:

  1. It's good to see a post from you! I'm glad that things are looking up. I'm still tatting, but knitting has been my focus lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you. Wondering what you've been up to. Nice to hear things are going in the right direction for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you are still around and things are going in the right direction. Miss seeing you at Tat Days.

    ReplyDelete