Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rain update

Thanks so much for the concern and warm thought that came my way after my last post. We are fine here, just going a bit stir crazy at the moment. For us, this is an inconvienence, not a tragedy. I've been through much worse! But it's going to be a while before I can get into work. Our county alone has 150 road closings. Tons more throughout metro Atlanta.

Here are some pictures.

Above is an aerial view I-20, still closed. See the diagonal line in the water across the lower left corner of the picture? That's where the water is rushing over the median wall, going from westbound side to the eastbound side of the interstate. All lanes are under several feet of water that is rushing fast - that's waves up under the sign. I'm concerned that the road bed is washed out.


This is I-20 looking west at the Chattahoochee River. Six Flags over Atlanta is on your left. As you can see, the roller coasters are under water. More pictures are here (if you can get it to come up).


I'm home, trying not to kill the kids. And let me tell you, some of them need a killin'!


(I just checked - as I wrote this, TPTB opened I-20! So I can escape the kids tomorrow!)

3 comments:

  1. OMG that must be scary. I live in a valley but luckly our rains never reach those crazy levels. My prayers for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is just crazy water..... Hope you and your family are doing fine..... Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good news that you will be able to get out if needed. I hope you find things in good shape.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete