Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Some sad, some not so

The other day coming to work, some poor soul jumped onto the train tracks at the main station.  I was a ways down the tracks in the station.  I heard a woman scream and everyone craned their heads to see what was going on.  I could see a person in a dark jacket crouched on the tracks, likely not in his right mind.  Fortunately, no one was hurt.  The local transit police are well trained and handled it properly, stopping the train at the prior station until they could get the person back up on the platform and into custody.  It was a sad situation, but it could have been so much worse.

I'm a bit sad today because my Stephen Ministry Care Receiver (the person I see/help) died last night.  She was 90 and in hospice care.  She suffered from dementia a long time and was ready to go.  I couldn't do much for her, other than pray with her and be a cheery presence and some reliable company.  She was a lovely person.  Her son took wonderful care of her for many years, and this is really hard on him.  Her memorial service is Thursday.  I'm ok about this, just sad for her family.

Curly had two chorus concerts this week, one on Monday at the courthouse and a bigger one tonight at the high school.  The courthouse one was televised.  Both were pretty good, mostly Christmas music.  He's had such a good time with chorus.





Today I was tatting in the train station and someone asked me about it, a frequent occurrence.  Do you have a card, she said.  No, I don't sell this, I just give it away.  Can you give that away? referring to the necklace I was tatting.  I replied, 'You're mighty hopeful!'  I told her this was for my mother and we both laughed.  But I think she would have gladly taken it....

ttfn

1 comment:

  1. I know I would have! ;-)

    Sorry to hear about your friend, but glad she had a peaceful passing.

    Also glad to hear that things on the train tracks went as well as possible. A potentially horrible situation, for sure.

    Merry Christmas from Grumpyland!

    GG

    ReplyDelete