Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Crazy times

I'm still here, just really busy.

I'm swamped at work.  Today I had someone looking at what I was doing and he admitted that I was doing 3 people's jobs, way too much. But the worst should be over now. By the middle of next week, my big project will be out the door.

As long as I don't get called into a Big Person's office tomorrow.  Because by the end of tomorrow is when they are telling 392 people at my company they are being laid off.  So far, so good.  I think I'm safe.

On the home front, things are ok.  Moe is enjoying his day camp.  I'm liking that he has something good to do and it's FREE!  It's a school system sponsored summer leadership/enrichment program for rising 8th graders.  He seems to enjoy it.  There are a lot of kids from other schools there, and Moe doesn't know a stranger, so this is good.  He's in the camp through next Thursday, and then he'll be off to Boy Scout camp that Sunday.

I got Curly to his psychiatrist - a major accomplishment!  We discussed medication and have made a major shift in what he's taking.  The only issue is this one has to be taken twice a day, and he doesn't like that.  But it's progress, and I'll take it.

My shipment of threads and shuttles from Handy Hands came.  I'm trying to complete a few UFOs before I go to the TAT Apprentice program.


The two threads with green labels are size 10, the rest are size 20.  I couldn't help myself.  And I love the pointy Sew Mate shuttles.

And last night - the Glee finale!  The greatest Journey medley ever!!



Did any of you watch Glee?  Larry is begging for the season on DVD.

3 comments:

  1. How in the world could your employer ever consider laying you off when he/she's getting three for the price of one. I'm sure your work is noticed and appreciated.
    So glad Moe is having such a great time. He sounds a lot like his mom.
    Whew! I'm glad that Curly went to the psychiatrist and that meds are being adjusted!
    Have fun with those threads. Can't wait to see what you are going to make with them.
    Didn't watch Glee,but I wish I had. My daughter and her friend went to NYC to see the actors in person on stage. She loved it. I hadn't thought about buying the season on DVD. May have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can believe, DOUG watched the finale before I did! WTF? I do love that show.
    Glad to hear there's progress on all fronts--and summer plans for your boy!
    I shall pray for a happy outcome on Friday's work day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have known you would be a "Gleek"! Wasn't that the best?!?!

    Now for the re-runs...

    GG

    ReplyDelete