Monday, October 18, 2010

Updates from Curly land

A maple seen in the church parking lot yesterday
I saw Curly yesterday.

It was good to see him. He seemed upbeat and reasonably happy. He came by to get some paperwork and his insurance card.

Curly has a job, started today! Thank you, Jesus. He's working at Steak 'n Shake, a fast food place. A job is a job in this economy. And this is full time, not far from his apartment.

He looked scruffy and needed a haircut. I offered to buzz him with our clippers, and he agreed. Bzzzz. He looks much neater now. I hugged him and gave him some gas money, and he went on his way.

I am hopeful.


On my way back from taking Moe to scouts tonight, I spied these lovely sunset views. They make me feel good. I hope they make you feel good too.


blessings

10 comments:

  1. They make me feel good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some lovely sunset photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear your Curly news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes all they need is to feel their feet beneath them carrying them along the road of life.
    All you can do is love them and let them find their way.
    God bless you all and keep you safe.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Curly news, and good for you too. sounds like his visit was good for both of you. the sunsets were very pretty and the tree was unique, i enjoy your photos of the sites you see on your way to and from work.
    take care, kids can be frustrating as times, and then they grow up and surprise you with a comment or incident that lets you know that you did do things right. best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunsets are lovely, but it's that tree which has jumped out at me - it's absolutely beautiful! We don't have trees which change colour and lose their leaves here, so it is a treat to see such a stunning example.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photos and even better Curly news. Phewwwww

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I LOVE that tree. I've never wanted to be a thief so much! I'm having to sit on my fingers to be good and not steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad he seems to be doing okay. It is hard when our kids or grand kids are having hard times.

    Love the tree and sky photos. You know I love what God does with the skies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad he's got his feet under him as he treads ahead alone. Great news!

    ReplyDelete