Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A few funny things from the wide world of the Internet

First off - I have several email accounts. There's a reason for this - I try to section off parts of my mail so that I don't get confused. I have one just for my blog, a couple for some other hobbies, a personal one, and one I use just for when I'm filling out forms online and they ask for an email address. I consider that my 'commercial' account, and I get tons of spam there. Which is the main reason for the account - so the spam goes there and not into my personal accounts.

Spam is mostly gross and gets deleted right away. But I seldom get spam in my non-commercial accounts.

So I was pretty amused when I got the below email in a hobby email account. (Yes, I have other hobbies!)

Hello
       I am Alfazan Hussien, I was sent by someone very close to you to terminate you, but the person can't pay up to my price, I am once a Terrorist in the middle east of Afghanistan and I am now transferred to your country. I am a Mass murderer, I am very sorry for you ,It is a pity that this is how your life is going to end as soon as you don't comply. As you can see there is no need for me introducing myself to you because I don't have any business with you and you have known that I am not well English speaking, my duty as I am mailing you now is just to (KILL YOU ).
Now do you want to LIVE OR DIE? Write me back as soon as you get my mail.

Alfazan Hussien.

Write me back?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry - I just snorted and laughed and laughed. And forwarded to some folks asking (jokingly) if I should write back.

The really funny part is I forwarded this to Larry, who thought I was serious about writing back. And I overheard him tell a friend how naive he thought I was about email. Yeah, right Larry. Been doing this stuff since before you were born.....

Another funny.

Before Moe went to Scout camp, I showed him this list. (Go read it. You'll be glad you did. My favorite one is the Webelo.)

Moe loved the list.

He wants to use it as the basis of a Scout Scavenger Hunt.

He also loves the Webelo one.


Because he is my boy. And he loves a funny as much as I do.

5 comments:

  1. I loved the Webelo one, too. I tried to explain it to my own Scout, but he thought it was gross. Ah well, us warped folks will laugh about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get the Webelo one.
    Also, what is an IKEA?
    I'm also puzzled with the committing suicide over 1000 stamps. Is that also a scout inside joke?

    I did particularly like the first one though. Much better than helping that old lady cross the street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not going to write back to Alfazan? Gee!
    (That is wild!)
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs. Tats!:

    There is Kevlar thread available. You could tat a bullet-proof garment to protect yourself. I have seen your talented tatting and think you could do it in no time!

    BSA has taken over in my house,too. [My son is working on Star Rank right now.] I enjoyed McSweeny's lists-and just kept clicking and reading... From what I have seen, Webelos would be stringy and unfit for eating.

    Thank you for many laughs. And, I shall see you at Tat Days!

    Linda R

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that is one hilarious emaily. I am so sorry for your hobby email. Not cool. Not cool at all, mass-murderer.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete