Saturday, November 17, 2012

Tatting Tea - Saturday? Updated...

First off, I've received my terrific order from Handy Hands, loaded with lots of size 3.


I got 3 sizes of thread, and I've shown some beads I'm going to use with the black thread to make a necklace.


Here's some of the brown size 3 that I'm using to crochet a beaded necklace.I think it'll be nifty.


And - my guitar came. Here it is with the old case I got on Craig's List. Warm tones. Now I just need to develop those finger calluses again!


Last night I went with some friends to my church's Christmas dinner. Yes, it's early. But they always do it this early, so they can make sure the attendees - all ladies - can come. The food and company were great. And we had a fun barbershop quartet to entertain us.


Today - Saturday - I met my friend Thelma for tea and conversation at a local park. There were kayackers and ducks on the lake.


It was a good time though a bit chilly. Thelma brought me some Kalahari herbal tea, which I loved. This is the same tea sipped copiously in The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. I brought some left over goodies left over from last night's dinner - red velvet brownies with a chess pie topping. Yum!


We saw a club running their remote control model boats on the lake. This tug boat shoots water and has smoke.


The boats were detailed and some would go super fast. We saw two sailboats, and this intricate destroyer, here in front of one of the sailboats. We had a lot of fun.


For your viewing pleasure, Larry's toys watching the tube,


bad Lily's paw,


and sleepy Cisco.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your finished necklace!
    Love Larry's display - David wants to know what they were watching on their TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a busy gal! Beautiful guitar--and lovely place to walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane showed me the size 3 thread this weekend, so look forward to the finished necklace. Too right early for Christmas, but glad you had a good time.
    My husband has made a remote control steam boat so it was interesting to see others, he is a 'lone sailer'

    ReplyDelete