Monday, January 26, 2015

And then some other stuff happened....

Dear Friends

Just so you'll know, I haven't fallen in a hole, I haven't died, I haven't forgotten how to tat.

But I have been VERY busy.

Saturday was a year since Chez Crazy burnt down. And it's taken much of the year to recover. Some things have not recovered - but I am well.

 We have chosen NOT to rebuild the house. As Moe is in his last year of high school and I've been commuting into Hotlanta for lo these many years, I've decided to use the opportunity to move into a condo in town after he graduates. For now, we're living in a little rental home near the site of the old Chez Crazy (AKA the Ash Heap).

I worked for a LONG time to get the final list to the insurance company on the contents of the home. I have to tell you, this is not for the faint of heart. Think about listing by name every SINGLE item in your home, the brand name, when you bought it, what you paid for it, where it was located. Ugh. Fortunately I had enough sense to hire a Property Adjuster to help me - they were able to help build the claim and work with the insurance company to get the maximum value for me.

We have some bare minimum furnishings in the home, just enough for us. I don't know what I'll need when I move to a condo - I'll get those things then.

But we DID get some kitties! Moe begged and begged, he was missing kitties so bad.

This is Lucy.

And this is Theo.

They were fostered together and play nicely. They are very close in age, but not litter mates. They sleep with me. And Moe is happy.

Larry is happy living in Florida. Curly is out on his own in an apartment nearby, selling mobile phones. Moe is doing whatever seniors in high school do. I'm happy in my job. And DH....

Oh dear.

That's where this gets complicated.

After 28 years of marriage, DH and I divorced. It's quite complicated - but the end of any marriage is. DH The Ex and I remain on very good terms; I'm even on good terms with my MIL. He's not a bad man, and I wish him no ill. But I could no longer be married to him. And frankly, the fire made divorcing him easier for me.

Funny how things happen, isn't it?

Anyhow, I'm moving on with my next phase of my life. I haven't tatted much, though I did teach at Tat Days 2014. I'm doing a bit of photography. And I'm looking into dating (which is SO weird!).....

So folks, I'll be back, just on an occasional basis. Wish me well, won't you?


  1. Wish you the very, very best and may the next phase be the BEST phase of your life.

  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this transition. Wow!

  3. I hope things improve and get sorted, so the next phase of life is simpler, lovely kittens.
    I look forward to hearing how things are going and seeing how the kittens grow.

  4. Glad you're "coming out the other side" of this difficult time. I've missed your posts. Good luck. I echo Jane's comments

  5. I do indeed wish you well!! Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. Good luck with the next step

  6. It is to your credit that you didn't actually smother him with a pillow. Major stresses do have ripple effects. It looks as though you have surfed on those waves! Best to you and yours.

  7. Cute new cats--and no, I cannot imagine the work involved in documenting everything I own. What a chore!